Sunday, August 2, 2009

Finally, I can have that cup of coffee!

I finally finished one of the many books in my pile. The Various Flavors of Coffee by Anthony Capella. This one took a while, I'm not entirely sure it wasn't my own fault that it took so long since my time for reading is less than it used to be before my life changed COMPLETELY when the boy was born.

I picked this book up mostly because of the cover & because I like coffee. Not my most thoughtful choice but it was lunch & I had to pick something fast so I could eat.

I love the descriptives in this book. Reading all of the flavors that can be found in coffee makes me want to explore being a connoisseur but then I am reminded that I hardly have time to shower, where will I get time to drink coffee all day and what will that do to the baby when I nurse him? Yikes!

Honestly I found this story a little frustrating & a little slow. I often wondered where it was going & it wasn't until the very end that I got it. I like how the ending tied it all together a lot. It added an additional layer that helped me understand. There was a sub story in the plot that I found frustrating & unbelieveable. The narrator is seduced by a slave & her master & the way it was played out was hard to believe. The concept of a virgin slave disobeying her master from the first moment she meets this gentleman is so hard to believe I was never far from wondering where it was going & not at all surprised when it turns out to be a plan between she & her master to rob the narrator.

I guess if I had to rate this out of 10 I'd give it a 6, because I really did enjoy the discriptives of coffee etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment