Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It really didn't suck.


I have finished book two of three on my bedside table. This one was It Sucked and Then I Cried by Heather Armstrong. OMG it was terrific! It was witty and heartbreaking and so, so sweet and revealing. I could relate to many of the situations Heather went through and sympathize with her struggles so very deeply. I LOVE the monthly letters she wrote to her daughter and this has insired me to write a few to my son. Since he's five months old I think I'll do letters every six months. This so fits my personality & I'm surprised I forgot this about myself. Every once in a while one of my closest girlfriends reminds me, with love in her voice, that she still has the letter I wrote her daughter several years ago...shoot, Miss Loo Hoo is 12 or 14 now, I wrote the letter back when she was a wee one.

I strongly recommend this book to edgy new mothers. It's so funny and heartwarming that it's easy to forget the harder things Heather suffered through. It makes me feel sooo much better about myself and life as a new mother.

I will read Heather's other book, Things I Learned about my Dad in Therapy: Humorous and Heartfelt Essays, at some point when I get through my stack. Hmmm, maybe I chould create a reading wish list on this blog to keep me on track & my "followers"in the know. ;) T

No comments:

Post a Comment