Sunday, July 5, 2009

So can you tell I'm a new mother?

Yet another book read, I'm doing pretty well for myself. The year before The Man was born I was reading about a book a week, not so anymore.

The most recent book completed was Pooh Goes Visiting and Pooh and Piglet Nearly Catch a Woozle by A. A. Milne.

First let me tell you that I had forgotten that Pooh's given name was Edward Bear.

Second, after not reading Pooh for many, many years I am surprised at how Pooh gets into the situations that he does. In my memory Pooh is a hero, not a "Silly old bear" as Christopher Robin likes to call him. Where did my superbear come from?
I read this aloud to The Man & I would recommend reading aloud to your listeners. I'm not sure how much he paid attention but that should change in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment