Saturday, July 4, 2009

Dead as a Doornail


That's not the title of the book.


I just finished reading Club Dead by Charlaine Harris, it's one of the Sookie Stackhouse (think True Blood) books. While I will probably finish this series I am not thrilled by this work. The references to the previous books are very tiring. There seems to be this constant reference to information previously mentioned, sometimes in the same book. I find this BORING.


Some things that are out of place for me are how Sookie has gone from a back country, innocent virgin to this highly spirited, afraid of nuthin', horny assed woman...all in the first book. I also wonder why in the world all of the handsome, hunky male characters that come into Sookie's life have the serious hots for her. How does she have these super-powers? What the hell is up with that?


I think my reasons for continuing are because I am curious about the future relationship between Sookie & Eric...what is it going to be, how will the author get rid of Bill, how is it that Eric knows it will happen?


They are easy reads so they aren't that painful, I'll enjoy them more than they annoy me so I'll carry on.

2 comments:

  1. Sookie has this allure with the vampires. You will find out later why. I do agree, however, that sometimes the adoration for her is unwarranted. Sometimes, she can be highly annoying. As far as the sex-crazed aspect...Well, she did start her sex life with a vampire. This can be quite addictive. Charlaine Harris struck gold with these simple books; now with True Blood she is rolling in the dough. Just to let you know, the writing gets a little more flawed as you go, but Eric is so darn intriguing, I just had to finish the series. I have one more book to go and then I am done.
    Club dead is the second book in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write about starting your sex life with a vampire as if you have first hand knowledge, is there something I need to know about you?

    ReplyDelete