Sunday, April 10, 2011

What is the What, Dave Eggers


Wow, my friend talked Dave Eggers up, big. I think he is her favorite author. So when she brought this book as her choice for our bookclub I was excited.


Very early on I found myself having trouble with the novel, very early on. I never finished it. I thought it was because I was under a lot of stress & completely overwhelmed with sleep training my two year old and increased pressure at work. It turns out that I wasn't the only one who had trouble, I think maybe two of the 7 of us in the bookclub did finish it. And I'm being generous because I don't really remember who finished it or who didn't. I think the general consensus was that it was very heavy & there was some confusion about why a foreigner would take so much crap after all the crap he's taken in his life.


I would like to get back to this one one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment