Saturday, April 9, 2011

All Together Dead, Charlaine Harris


Ah, another Sookie Stackhouse novel. This girl gets in so much trouble & all in such a short amount of time, I am glad I'm not her! As in other novels, Sookie has ingratiated herself with the mostie biggies in the world of vampire's, I guess because she's just so charming. I sound a little peevish about it but if you've read any of these reading blogs you will see that I have a love/hate relationship with Sookie. Relating to a conversation I had with my friend T a year or so ago, I wonder how much of it has to do with Anna Paquin playing Sookie in the HBO series TrueBlood. The more I read these fun novels the more I question that conversation because they get on my nerves a little bit but I keep reading the darn things.


So in this novel Sookie is asked (forced?) to come to a vampire summit to defend the Queen of Louisiana for the accusation of murder brought against her. She gets into a ton of trouble in her love life as well as other ways. In the end many vampires are dead, Sookie saves a bunch of their lives & she stumbles off into the sunset.


I expect the vampires are going to owe her, big, & am anticipating the next novel already. Love/hate I'm telling you.

No comments:

Post a Comment