Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Cheese Monkeys


Chip Kidd's novel The Cheese Monkey's was soooo much fun! This crazy

anti conformist chickaroo is the central character as far as I am concerned,

even though she really isn't... I can totally relate to the main character's

blindly following her through his first year at art school., coming from a

sheltered existence he almost had to in order to grow in his creative endeavors. I feel you need the life experiences she provided for him in order to open his mind to create the art that he did.
I like the mystery of her character, too. Who is she, where did she come from? She seems to have come from a privileged life, to rebel society so much, you can't be such a rebel without something to rebel. I learned that when my last parent passed away & instantly matured because the object of me rebellion was gone with my last parent's passing.
So, I'm looking forward to reading more from Chip Kidd, I like the youthful energy of his writing, the words that come out of Himillsy's mouth, the intellect with which she tears her foes up. Her costumes! I can see why dude was in love with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment