Sunday, February 20, 2011

Faithful Place, Tana French


Another highly enjoyable thriller from Tana French!
The women in one of my book clubs are not fond of In The Wood by Ms. French, I don't know of one member who is giving it a good review. This makes me question what I am missing... :)
I still love, love, love Tana French. I love the Gothic, kinda f-ed up Irish drama and the layers upon layers of stories in her novels. I don't mind "figuring" out who done it mid way through the novel, you never really know who did it until the end anyway. I love the rich layers to the characters and how she uses characters from one novel to the next.
Maybe I've never read any strong mystery writers, it's never been my forte, I can't say I've ever read Dean Koontz, James Patterson or even Agatha Christie. Shoot, Rick Castle I only know about because of the TV show (which I do enjoy).
I still maintain the warm fuzzies for Tana French, the layers & Irish Gothic, the characters & their drama grab me every time and have me zooming through her stories in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment